The Liebster Award

The other day I received a notification that someone had commented on my 'Can't rain on this Parade!' post. It was Venetia Kamara, writer of the StylewithVeni blog, and she told me she'd nominated me for the Leibster Award! Now like many of you I expect, I had no idea what the Leibster Award was, but I've had a read and it's actually a pretty nifty little idea...

The Leibster Award is a form of chain letter in the blogging world and it consists of one blogger nominating 11 other bloggers with 200 followers or less and asking them 11 unique questions that they have to answer in a blog post. They then in turn nominate another 11 bloggers and ask 11 different questions and so it goes on. I think it's a really lovely idea that encourages people to follow new blogs and helps to gain recognition by linking bloggers together. So here we go; here are my answers to Venetia's 11 questions...

1. Name only one thing from your wardrobe, that you can't live without it.
It would have to be my beautiful khaki, fur lined, gold tipped stiletto ankle boots. As a massive shoe lover I'd pick a pair of stilettos over a dress any day and would rather walk down the street naked than have to give up these beauties!

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I'm in it - London! It's the fashion capital and I'm a Londoner through and through. I've seen many beautiful places and as I am half Polish the stunning city of Krakow holds a special place in my heart (as does Venice though for other reasons), yet for me there is no place like London.

3. Fashion, make-up, hair. Choose one!
Fashion all the way! It beats everything. I'd miss trying out different hairstyles but with clothes there are infinite possibilities, and if I couldn't wear make-up or style my hair I could always wear a range of headgear with veils!

4. What's your favourite designer?
My favourite designer/design house would have to be Burberry. I love trench coats and I think that their quintessential British style is simply divine!

5. Why did you start blogging?
I have always loved to write. When I was a teenager I used to submit poems or short stories to 'Young Writers' magazine and have been scribbling down various inspiring words or phrases on napkins across the world ever since I can remember. I started blogging a few years back now as a sort of creative outlet, but in the last 6 months or so this has developed into a new blog more focused on fashion. I am very passionate about styling and fashion for me is an occupation with a huge amount of thought going into each outfit choice, and this is something I wanted to share with others.

6. Who's your style icon?
I'd like to think that my style stems from my own personal preferences, but I often take inspiration from the likes of Millie Mackintosh or Victoria Beckham. I am also very inspired by a handful of classic muses that feature in old Cecil Beaton or Norman Parkinson photos. I also love Cara Delevingne but I'm not 'hip' enough to pull off a lot of the stuff she wears!

7. Name one song that you can hear all day long.
This one really depends on my mood! As I'm feeling a bit mellow I may have to go with the rather unconventional answer (because it's not quite a song!) of Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony No. 6. It's one of my favourite pieces and I still haven't got round to learning how to play it on the piano.

8. Is there any trend that you absolutely hate?
Thick heels. I finally caved and bought a pair of those hideous chunky wooden block heeled boots, partly because they annoyingly are more comfortable to spend the whole day in than thin heels, but I am an absolute advocate for razor thin stilettos. I hate clunkiness!

9. If you could only have your hair one colour for the rest of your life, what would it be an why?
Wow a difficult one, particularly as within the next week or so I will be dying it pink and turquoise - something I have had to put on hold for a few months now due to various formal occasions. Despite this I think my answer will prove a bit mediocre and boring; I'm a natural blonde and having experienced multiple shades from jet black to beetroot to bleach, I know how much I miss being blonde and I always end up going back to it... so yeah, unimaginatively it would have to be blonde!

10. What TV show are you loving at the moment?
Well I'm a bit late with this one but I've recently got into watching Suits. The sharp suit jackets, stiff collars and pressed trousers have got me hooked - I adore smart fashion and now that I no longer work in an office I really miss it, so I often apply my own formal dress code to everyday life!

11. What is your dream job?
When I'm passionate about something I become infatuated by it and am determined to share it with as many people as I can. I would therefore love to work within a fashion advertising or branding team as this gets me really excited! I'd love to work with a variety of images and text creating amazing pieces of promotion, representing brands and helping to reveal wonderful creations to the public. There is nothing that makes me happier than being able to instil passion within someone by sharing with them something that I am passionate about. Adverts are inexplicably beautiful and breath-taking.

Here are the blogs I've nominated:
Lalala Sunaina
Ashley James
KAVUET
Sophie's Picks
Bettymariastyle
Robyns Blog
Mimi Rose
What Three Wore
Lenny Likes to Blog
All I Ever Wanted was the World
Lauraemie

Here are my questions:
1. Name one thing that inspires you most.
2. Picture a pair of rose-tinted glasses. If you had to live the rest of your life in entirely one colour which would it be and why?
3. Name the dish/food that you would pick to eat for the rest of your life.
4. Where do you feel most comfortable: what is your special place of happiness and solitude? E.g. mine would be in a forest/woodland
5. Spots or stripes. Pick one!
6. You can only live with one of your five senses for the rest of your life: smell, sight, sound, taste and touch. Which one do you pick?
7. Guilty pleasures - name something you do when no one's looking!
8. Scarves or sunglasses? What is your favourite season?
9. How would you describe your personal style?
10. Marmite - do you love it or hate it?
11. Describe your favourite pair of shoes.

Here are the rules:
1. Include a link to the blog of whoever nominated you.
2. Answer all 11 questions they have provided.
3. Nominate your own 11 blogs with 200 followers or less.
4. Create your own list of 11 questions for them to answer.

Happy blogging! :) xx